Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Prayer Summit Day 2

This is a picture of the lake at Camp Sumatanga. It has a nice walking trail around it. We are surrounded by mountains. The wind is too much and too cold coming off the lake. I have been hiking the trails around the creek and the mountain, the wind is blocked from them. I love this place. Such a place of peace and joy and rest.

Day 2 was such an awesome day of prayer, singing, worshiping, resting. We prayed for our families, our children, for each other, for our hurts. As one person said, it felt like therapy, although we did not do the therapy, the Holy Spirit did. We prayed. We prayed for the adult children who are "prodigals" and we prayed for their parents. So many of the ministers have adult children who don't want to have anything to do with the church, and some who are into drugs and alcohol, some who are very wounded. It was so powerful to pray for these children and for their parents. We broke up into small groups to pray for each other and our children.

Who would have thought that this would have been part of a prayer summit for North AL. I certainly wouldn't have? And yet I see for us to get to the vision of God we must lay our burdens down, be honest seek the healing power of Jesus. As we prayed, I thought of all the parents I know, just that I know whose sons and daughters have left the church, have gone their own way, are into drugs and alcohol or whatever. I thought of them and their continuing to be faithful. I felt that our praying for each other was a microcosm of praying for all our children and all our parents.

Wow, I am tired, but blessed.

5 comments:

Sue Densmore said...

Hi, Revabi -

I am so glad you are getting a chance for some unstructured, unforced time with God and your fellow pastors. I think that is so important. Our church worship team has gone on a yearly prayer summit each year for the last six, and each one has been significant in my spiritual growth.

Be renewed!!
Sue

Deb said...

Praying that you have more of that fresh wind, fresh fire in your heart...

d

Brother Marty said...

Welcome back.
Thank you for sharing your experiences. It is uplifting to read your words. May you carry this back to your congregation.
Thanks again for sharing.
Marty

Theresa Coleman said...

I sure would like to hear more about your reflections about what worked and what didn't and what you would do again and what you would change.

Thinking (and praying!) about you and yours.

gavin richardson said...

cool, i love sumantanga. like many, i have some crazy childhood memories there.