Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Prayer Summit Day 1

Lots of praying. Lots of singing praise songs and hymns. Lots of reading of scripture.

It is without an agenda. The facilitator said that he had no idea where we are going either, that we were to listen to the Holy Spirit speak to us and through us.

Toward then end of the afternoon he had has focus though on the scripture God is love. God loves us. Well that became the turning point for the whole group. He said we were all seeking an encounter with God. He had us then reflect on the point we knew God loved us.

For about an hour and half he had us go walk with God and talk to him about his love for us. Who had he sent that showed us that love? Who had he sent that performed what he called a rescue operation of us.

Then after Supper we came back to pray about the above.

I am not sure I know how to write about this, just yet. It is different than anything I have been to. I am glad I am here. I'll write more later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great experience! You're in my prayers.

Sounds like you might be too busy for the Weds festival this week! Let me know if you'd like me to sub, I'd be glad to.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I attended a prayer summit here in Wisconsin some time ago. The summits for men and those for women were seperate...a pastor's summit was men only...grrrr. That said, it was a powerful couple of days. I hope you will be blessed. Maybe it is a season for the Holy Spirit showing love--I recently posted on our church prayer experience. WOW!

Sally said...

relax- enjoy it take it in -then tell us all about it!
Peace and blessings
Sally