Monday, February 26, 2007

The Power Rangers

My son Zachary loves the Power Rangers, what little boy doesn't. He also likes Batman, Spiderman, and Superman. You get the idea, all the superheros. Well, the girls have taken a liking to the Power Rangers too. Why? Because there are girl Power Rangers. Our grandson, Joshua loved PowerRangers, and now our other grandson, Austin loves them. Want to know what you can learn from them besides Karate, winning over the bad guys?

From their website it says they teach the following values:
  • Standing for what is right
  • Teamwork and cooperation
  • Confidence
  • Physical Activity
  • Caring and Friendship

When they started in 1992 there was only one tv show and group of Power Rangers, now there is Power Rangers; Mighty Morphin, Operation OverDrive, Mystic Force, SPD, Dino Thunder, Ninja Storm, Wild Force, Time Force, Rescue, Galaxy, Space, Turbo, and Zeo. My favorite tends to be the Mystic Force, cause they got adults like me in it.

Why am I blogging about this? Because it seems like everyday the Power Rangers enters into our conversation. It usually goes like this; (this was at lunch yesterday)

Zach: "When I grow up can I be the Red Power Ranger?"

Me: "Yes, you can be the Red Power Ranger."

Katy: "I want to be the Yellow Power Ranger."

Kara: "I want to be the Pink one."

Zach: "Mom, which one are you going to be?"

Mom: "I am the fat purple power ranger, my power is my blubber, get out of my way or I am going to squash you."

Laughter all around.

Yesterday we argued over who was going to be Dog who is over the Power Rangers SPD, and who is Cat who is the computer expert.

Not sure where Dad fits in here, I think he ended up being Dog..... (I like Dog.)

I can guarantee you there will be a Power Ranger discussion tonight.

3 comments:

Theresa Coleman said...

Hey!
I'm a fat purple power ranger too!

Or at least I was a few years ago...

John said...

I remember when the show got started. I was a senior in high school. I watched the first episode and concluded "It's so bad that it will be cancelled by the end of the week."

My estimate was a bit off.

hip2b said...

I'm not to Power Rangers age yet.
But Flash is Bob the Builder, I am Wendy and Hubby is Farmer Pickles, or sometimes Spud. Our van is Lightning McQueen.