Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Dreaded, "Youve been fired!"

Today, my husband got a call from the contract company he was working for, and they fired him. Of course it is the 90 days, and they will fire you for any little thing in that period. He was in absolute shock. He had no idea that it was coming. When he left Monday everything was okay. He was given some kind of an excuse that made no sense, and doesn't seem to fit. But they would not give him the detail. He then called the person whose name he was given to call, but no straight answer. He then called the two people he worked with that were over him, and they had no idea either. So now once again he is without a job. He is devastated, mad, and feels powerless. We have kind of boiled it down to what we think is going on, but we can't really say if that is true, because we don't know and haven't been told. But I bet he is right. Something "smells wrong in China." I am being as supportive as I can without letting my anger get the best of me or my sadness and scare. But the feelings are real. Say a prayer for him will ya.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry. Prayers for all of you.
((((o))))

HeyJules said...

Well that just STINKS! Of course I'll say a prayer. I can't imagine how lost he must feel right now.

Unknown said...

Praying for all of you, Abi.

DogBlogger said...

praying.

(((Abi and Bob)))

mid-life rookie said...

On the phone? Ouch! Praying for both of you! I know this is soooo hard. I know it's hard to be the strong for him when you just want to cry and scream yourself. I'm praying. Hang in there. I'll get your email from dogblogger and send you mine so we can cry and scream to each other.

Psalmist said...

Oh, Abi! That's awful. I know that feeling--been fired--and it's one of the worst things ever. Absolutely, I'll be praying for you and Bob and the family.

(((((((Abi))))))

Brother Marty said...

Prayers for Bob, you, and the children.
It isn't fair. It just isn't fair.
May you come to know the truth behind the administrative balogna and address it wholeheartedly.
Love ya, Preach!
Marty

Art said...

Bummers. Praying for you both.

April said...

I'm SO sorry to hear this, Abi. You will all be in my prayers.

Reverend Dona Quixote said...

Abi,it does stink! My partner was fired under similar circumstances from her job 2 weeks ago. I will pray for sure!

Theresa Coleman said...

{hug}

Anonymous said...

love and hugs to you all.

zorra said...

Abi, I am so sorry, and have prayed for y'all.
(I tried hard to comment here on Friday and Blogger WOULD NOT LET ME. I was praying for y'all then, anyway.)

Unknown said...

Thankyou all so much. I feel so lifted up.