Friday, October 27, 2006

Ghosts and Goblins



Ghoulish Friday Five

Reverendmother here...


I checked out last year's Halloween Friday Five, which dealt with candy and costumes. Great questions, supplied by Songbird. If you weren't around last year or didn't play then, feel free to do so now. Mmm. Candy.

Or... You wanna see something *really* scary?...
1. Do you enjoy a good fright?

N
fright night whaaaatttt'ssss thhhhaaattt? Yeesss iff Iiii gggeett tttooo bbbeeee ttthhheee ooonnnneee fffrrriiigggghhhtteenniinnnggg ooottthhheeerrrs. (worked for years with Jaycees scaring people!As a youth we would make our own trail of horrors through the woods in back of our house.)f


2. Scariest movie you've ever seen
l Night of the Living Dead. I worked with some youth while in Seminary that liked to see the Scary movies whether at the drive in or in the theater. To be honest I can't remember all the ones we saw. o Is Harry Potter considered scary or the Pirates of the Carribean?


3. Bobbing for apples: choose one and discuss:
a) Nothing scary about that! Good wholesome fun. kAs a kid I went bobbing for apples, why can't today's kids do it. Seriously, though, I think we are more germ phobic or germ careful to a fault. At our Fall Festival we are going to hang the apples or something for the kids. u
b) Are you *kidding* me?!? The germs, the germs!



4. Real-life phobia dI am Claustrophobic This is especially true if it is hot and I feel smothered. There is a reason for this phobia,and I'll tell you if you want to know.k



5. Favorite "ghost story" , Ghost Story. I liked the part where he......Oh you mean telling a "ghost story." Well telling a "ghost story" is like telling a joke for me, " I can't remember, or I forget the ending, or I give it away. But here is one similar to the one I can sort of remember Step Drag or The Car Wreck Story and the babysitter. The babysitter is the one I remember the most, I guess cause I did so much babysitting as a teenager. /

6 comments:

Sally said...

cRAZY WOMAN- LOVE THE PHOTOS AND PICTURES- LOOKS LIKE YOU'LL HAVE A GREAT FALL FESTIVAL- THANKS FOR THE SMILE!

revhipchick said...

how fun to take the youth to scary movies!

i think you're right on with the current germophobia!

i loved all your clipart!

and of course we want to know the story behind the clausterphobia!

just a funny coinkydink--my word verification looks like catnip! it's not quite but close!

revhipchick said...

i bet you were lots of fun...now we know who NOT to go into the woods with!

it sounds and looks like you know how to enjoy halloween!

happy hallow's eve!

Free Flying Spirit said...

Wow!!! I like the pictures!

I wouldn't bob for apples now, but used to. Yes, we can be too careful. Our bodies need to build anti-bodies to fight germs..maybe we're too clean?

I would be interested in hearing your phobia story, Abi.

Carmen Andres said...

oooo, Ghost. One of my favs :)

Bad Alice said...

The costumed dogs and kitties are so cute. Though I think you would have to drug the cats to avoid being ripped to shreds.