Wednesday, May 03, 2006

God on the Mountain

"Life is easy when you're up on the mountain
And you've got peace of mind like you've never known.
But then things change and you're down in the valley.
Don't lose faith for you're never alone.

For the God on the mountain is still God in the valley.
When things go wrong, He'll make it right.
And the God of the good times is still God in the bad times.
The God of the day is still God in the night. "
These are the words to the song "God on the Mountain", a good Southern Gospel Song. If you want the complete words with a beautiful picture you can find it here. It was a song sang to me Sunday night by the Servant's Quartet, a Southern Gospel group who sang at our church. Mike Brown, who sang the solo, said before he sang it, "Abi we love you and your family. We can't thank you enough for all you have done for us here in Wadley with your ministry. You have touched a lot of lives, I know you touched mine, and we love you. I want to sing this next song for you Abi. Boy was I crying from that point on. I didn't know he was going to say that or sing that song for me. Mike had just found out I was moving, and he wanted to express his love to me. Mike and his wife left their church due to some things that was said to them, and about them. She came to our church for awhile, but then her new job had her working on Sundays. He just could not bring himself back to church. But I would still stop by and talk with him or her, check on them, encourage, support, and pray for them. Their sweet daughter does come to our program, the D.A.W.G. Pound, for 3-6 graders on Wednesday.
Well the tears have started. All these people saying goodbye, and my saying good bye to them. Tears of grief. Tears of joy. I will miss them and miss Wadley.
For the God on the mountain is still God in the valley

No comments: