Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Counting the days



We are counting the days, well weeks until we move. I have front room full of packed boxes, you can't get into it. I have packed most of the kids toys, and threw out 3 trash bags of McDonald's, Burger King toys, junk, broken toys. I was shocked. I thought I had gleaned their toys in Feb. Did all that collect since then or did they hide them? I swear the toybox grows grows toys.

We still have a lot of packing and cleaning to do. Bob has now quit his job, and so is home packing, and whatever else needs to be done. I keep hearing comments from him, "I never knew you did all this, I never knew you went through this every morning with the kids." He is thinking he may have to be Mr. Mom or a stay at home Dad, boy is he in for a rude awakening. At this time there have been no PA jobs posted in Florence. But having Bob home has helped speed up the packing process.


And wouldn't you know it, as the days draw night, I am doing hospital visits, Pastoral care visits, going to funeral homes, got a graduation to go to tonight. Just when I think I have some time to pack I am having to head to a hospital for a member.

I had a call for my new District superintendent welcoming to my district, offering his help, asking me about how I perceived the church. Wow, that is the first time. Then I got a really nice letter from him as well. His wife is a pharmacist and he is going to have her keep her eye out and start mentioning Bob's name to people. He asked if he needed to go talk to the church on my behalf before I got there. And I told him I did not think so, I was not hearing resistance to my being a woman. He told me he was there to help me in anyway. That's new too.

I am a wee bit concerned about the move day. When we moved here the Pastor before us moved out the day before, and so we could move in a little early. That also gave the church a chance to make sure it was clean and to fix anything that needed fixing. Well, we were planning and hoping to do the same with this move, but the Pastor I am following is not going to move out until the day you are suppose to and be out by the required time 12 noon. Rats, I will have to arrange with the movers either storage or something. On top of that the trustees called me and said that they know there are repairs they are going to have to do at the parsonage in Florence, but that they have not been able to get in there and do them. They are thinking they will have to put us overnight while they fix them. Double rats. I wonder what I am suppose to do with my doggies and kitties in the meantime? I hope we can get this worked out for all involved, especially us. It is hard enough to move, but then to run into these problems as well. Pray for us. We now have 3 more weeks until move day. Arggh, the pressure is on.

1 comment:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

As a survivor of more moves than I want to remember, you have my prayers. And my heartfelt sympathy.