Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering six years ago


How will you remember today, 9/11/2001?







There is so much on the news, in the news, on tv, on the web, I don't think I have to write a whole bunch.





I just feel sad today. I feel sad for the deaths, for where this has taken our country, for the continued animosity and growth of violent acts. I feel sad we can't work things out with our Muslim Brothers and sisters. I feel sad that we are still at war, if you want to call it that, not sure what to call it.







And yet I also feel hope that there are those who are trying to heal, trying to live better lives, trying to cross the divide in our nation and in our world. I feel hope when I read how one person transformed this day into a day of good deeds and acts. I feel hope when I read how one survivor has written a book called "Held" that shares the steps she took in her healing from the 9/11 bombing. How the families of Septmber 11 are helping each other heal and helping others heal.










Today I will remember those who died. Pray for those who survived and the families of those who died. And I will have hope because our hope comes from

1 comment:

Rev.Dulce said...

Nice post. I'm praying with you.