Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Date or no Date

People have been asking, did you get the date or not? The answer is yes, Bob and I did have a date. He was unable to find a sitter. So I found us not one but two 13 yr old girls from the church who babysat for us. This was the first time they had babysat our kids, but they did a great job.

What did we do on our date night? We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. Great food. And we went to the $2 movie theater. Now don't get your rankles up and say my hubby is a cheap date. It was me who chose the theater. The full price theater didn't have any movies I wanted to see, and we did go by and check it out. Instead we went to see the "Pursuit of Happyness." I know, I know, it will be out on DVD soon. We had not gotten to see it when it was at the big theater, and I wanted to see it without the kids, although they would have liked it too. I loved it and so did Bob.

It was a great night for us. And on top of that it was a Saturday night, you know the night before Sunday worship. I had gotten my sermon done that afternoon so I could go and not worry about it.

So for all the inquiring minds, we did have a date for my anniversary. Oh the other thing we did was talk about what we liked about being married to each other. That was sweet real sweet.

5 comments:

HeyJules said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

gavin richardson said...

sounds kinda like erin & mine's first date.

Terri said...

Good for you. I find it difficult to go out Saturday nights, regardless....always throws me off a bit on Sunday? Am I weird or what? So I'm glad you could go and enjoy yourselves...and have that conversation about being married to one another - so important to always remember.

zorra said...

Sounds great!

see-through faith said...

sounds great fun!