Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Morn


Christ has risen! Alleluia
He has risen indeed! Alleluia

This morning is Easter morn. I am so excited to be worshipping today. I am preaching from the passage I Corinthians 15:1-11 on the Power of the Resurrection over our sins. This is in the series I have been preaching on the 7 Deadly Sins. I usually use the Gospel lectionary passage, and will make references to it. I pray that this is a wonderful blessed Easter for you.

Here is the Easter Day prayer from the U.M. Hymnal
Almighty God,
Through Jesus Christ you overcame death
And opened to us the gate of everlasting life.
Grant that we,
Who celebrate the day of our Lord’s resurrection,
may , by the renewing of your Spirit
arise from the death of sin to the life of righteousness;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the pics :)
and the writing too