in the open space: God & culture: Playing tag
Oh my one of my favorite bloggers has tagged me to extol the God-prints in my life. My life spilleth over, and so do my answers. Ack. Anyway, here goes:
1. A friend who has blessed me: Gosh I have been blessed by so many over the years I couldn't narrow it down to just one. My friends Lynn Dimon, Carol Wolf, my new friend Jan McCarver, my friend Marty Schwartz, my blogging friends from the revgalblogpals, and the list could go on and does. Thank you God for all the wonderful friends you have sent my way.
2. An unexpected gift: God's Grace. Amazing, It is free and freeing, Grace is God's love freely offered to us. We do not do anything to "earn" it. “But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)…For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast” (Ephesians 2:4-9).
3. A kind word shared with me recently: "You preach from your heart. You believe what you preach."
4. Something that makes me stop and praise God: Being with my kids. Being with my husband. The Beauty of the earth. Worship. Friends. Fun.
5. Something I’m looking forward to: Everyday I look forward to loving and being loved. But what else am I looking forward to? Time with my husband, time on the lake, time spent in prayer and worship. And one day i am looking forward to when I can sit down with God and ask God a bunch of questions, and finally get the answers.
6. A particular part of me I’m pleased with: Now this is a hard one, I have had a lifelong battle with not liking myself, expecting perfection and thus not being pleased with self. So mmm I guess I would have to say I am please with my willingness to learn and grow.
7. Something in my life I wanted but never expected: Being married to a wonderful husband, having children, serving a church as a Pastor.
8. A place that moved/moves me: China moves me. Love moves me. The Grand Canyon. Standing on the beach looking at the waves. Waterfalls move me. Mountains move me. Hiking in the woods move me.
9. One thing/person that always makes me smile: My kids make me smile. My hubby makes me smile friends make me smile. God makes me smile.
10. Most recent “love note” from God: A simple "I love you, Abi" during prayer, or in something I read in the Bible or a devotional. But most of all God sends me love notes through people who can put their arms around me and show that love.
And now it’s my turn to tag:
- reverend mommy A very thoughtful person, but busy.
- The Owl's Song She comes up with some of the best posts
- SongBird at Set Free She is making up most of the Friday five meme's on revgalblogpals, plus I like how she writes.
Feel free to abandon the meme, my blogdom companions, but I’d love to see your answers!
Well Carmen, I didn't abandon the meme, it just took me a long time to think about what I was going to say. Thanks for tagging me.