Sunday, June 11, 2006

The times they are a changing

A while back in one of her comments singing owl asked me if I was going to change the name of this blog. I am moving from Wadley to Florence. I took my blog title from the Vicar of Dibley, and changed it to Vicar of Wadley. It used to be one of my favorite shows. So I am thinking and trying out different titles, Vicar of Florence, Vicar of St. John? I don't know they just don't ring or sing. Got any suggestions you creative humorous wise spiritual thinkers?

We are now counting down the hours to the move. Wednesday morning they load us up one way or another. I hope I don't pack one of the kids or animals by accident. I sure wish they would quit digging out what we try to pack and then hiding it.

We did have a yardsale Saturday, but didn't sell much. We did sell a few things. There was a yardsale down the street, and they were selling their stuff like hotcakes. One woman commented that it was all junk. You know maybe they are right one man's junk is another man's treasure. We started joking that we obviously didn't have any junk and would have to wait until we get to Florence to have another yard sale. Katy today said, people just don't want to buy the big things. I told her, I guess you are right. But then I did sell my exercise bike to one of the church members today. We did have a bunch of men looking for tools. I tried to talk Bob into selling some of his tools. But noooo he was not going to let go of them, he might need them later on. So we are going to be moving some big tools. If I give up my exercise bike he should at least give up one of his tools. What do you think?

So if you don't hear from me for awhile, you will know I couldn't post, instead I was just throwing things into boxes and taping them shut in desparation. I think Florence has internet service. I know the church has it. So it may be this coming weekend that I am able to be back online.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

prayers your way
Theresa

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Hang in there! Isn't moving one of the more stressful necessities of life? Sure is for me.

I'm pondering names. No brilliant ideas yet. Vicar of Florence...nah, just doesn't have the right ring does it?