Friday, June 23, 2006

I scream, You scream, We all scream for Ice Cream

it's late, but it's still Friday! Five
We had thunderstorms, three inches of rain and winds of 60+ mph. R shut down and unplugged our computers and network, but we're back online now. Sorry for the delay--I even had the questions done ahead of time! Ah well...Summer is here with a vengeance. We took the family out to Baskin-Robbins to celebrate. I have a special affection for B-R because it was my first job during high school. People told me I'd get sick of ice cream working there. Puh-leeze.Without further ado:
1. Ice cream: for warm weather only or a year-round food? What do you mean for warm weather only, that's year round here. But Ice Cream is definitely year-round food, necessity.
2. Favorite flavor(s)3. Cake cone, sugar cone, waffle cone, cup? As a kid I liked the sugar cone. As an adult, I really like the cup only.
4. Childhood ice-cream memory Oh boy, I got two. One is making home made ice cream at my Pop's, he could make the best of any flavor there was. M-m-m good. Then there was an A & W drive-in where we lived. My dad loved to take us there and get rootbeer floats. I can still see us in the old car, sitting in the A & W drive-in, listening to the music, and drinking those delicious rootbeer floats. What a wonderful child hood memory.
5. Banana splits: discuss.(Feel free to answer the above based on your favorite frozen yogurt, sorbet, lactose-free, you name it.)Ya know, I have never gotten into Banana splits, I don't know why. And I will admit it here, I am not a whip- cream fan either. But now I do like hot chocolate syrup sometimes on my ice cream.

Bonus: Baskin-Robbins used to make ice-cream sodas. During the 18 months I worked there, I think I made about 3 tops. They're no longer on the menu, but you can still order them. Question: What are the ingredients/steps for making an ice cream soda? Only you the bar-tender would know. My dad did soda jerking as a teenager, and he knew. So here goes. Ice cream first into the glass, soda next, whip cream and a cherry to boot.

M-m-m hope there is some ice cream in the refigerator or we are going to Baskin-Robbins tonight.

1 comment:

reverendmother said...

Ooh, a different soda recipe!

I bet it's one of those regional/varied things.