Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

This is my first Holy Week at Trinity, and it has been a busy one. I am tired but loving it.
I preached in C & C(contemporary worship) last Sunday for Palm Sunday. But it ended with more of Passion Sunday using a skit and the scripture reading.

Last night was the Maundy Thursday service. No foot washing. We did have the stripping of the altar. Very traditional, liturgical and dramatic. I did the Great Thanksgiving.

Tonight we are doing a tennebrae service in the New Room with a mixture of contemporary and traditional. We use the readings and extinguishing the candles. We will see how it goes.

I did have a great day off yesterday. It was good weather for once and we went for a hike on Green Mountain. Then we came home and worked in the yard. After the kids came home they were out playing and we were watching them.

I found this sms text for Good Friday on Sms ‘n’ Shayari.

I am da witness
2 his fearless death.
I am a token of his
last promise -4giveness
I am da CROSS
Blessings on Good Friday bysmsBabu

Put that in your Iphone and text it to others.

No comments: