Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Not long enough

Well, we are now connected at home to the internet. It just wasn't a long enough time without it. I pray that we don't get caught up in spending an inordinate amount of time on it. I hope we can still go walking together, and yes I really like the cuddle time and wish for more of it.

Yesterday we went berry picking with the kids. It was there first time. They were all tickled to death to be picking berries. But you know you got to watch out for the thorns on the vines. They were just a little scratched up and had purple hands. This morning they ate the berries.

Seeing the berries on the vine and their bright colors reminded me of the poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning - Earth's crammed with heaven, and every common bush afire with God; And only he who sees take off his shoes, The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries." I agree. The honeysuckle was in bloom and giving off that fragrant smell of their's. I do believe we were in heaven on earth for awhile last night. What beauty there was around, and I know that God was there. I would have taken off my shoes, but there were all kind of bugs everywhere, including ticks.

Tonight is Wed. night bible study. We are going to study David and Goliath. M-m-m sounds familiar. I told the adults we were going to go back to Sunday school. Only I think we are going to have slim pickings tonight. The sister of my trustee died and visitation is tonight. Must carry on.

No comments: