Friday, June 23, 2006

I'm riding in my car


Thursday we took the kids with their new friend, Adaley, to go see the movie "Cars". What a neat little kid's movie. I like the animation work of Pixar. I read some comment about it that it was the story line from "Doc Hollywood", only with cars as the main character. It may be but its a cute little take on it. It was the first movie that Zachary has seen, and boy was he enamored. And I confess I liked Mater and Fillmore.

Okay, but somebody tell this "hick from Wadley", when did movie prices get so high and why? We went to the matinee and we were broke. No going to movies for awhile. I thought the matinee was going to be reasonable.

Thanks for the thoughts about the bible study. It did go well. Good participation. Got over that milestone. I used the old Testament passage on David being chosen King. I am going to use the passages on David and focus on him as a man after God's own heart.

This Sunday I will be installed as Pastor here, and afterwards we will have lunch. Then I will preach at an evening worship. I didn't do an installation at Wadley, but I have decided I am going to do it here, and use the ritual out of the book of worship.

Alright, to all my fellow and sister preachers out there, may God bless you in your worship leadership. May God's word be proclaimed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my husband and i took our 7-year-old and 3-year-old to see this one yesterday and enjoyed it (what i could watch whilst keeping the 3-year-old from eating spilled popcorn off the floor, ick). and welcome to alabama! we transplanted here from california 5 years ago--and attend a UMC congregation in montgomery, of all things. blessings.