Reverend Mother says over at revgalblogpals; as many of you know, I have been experimenting with some severely curtailed Internet usage. I realized that I had gotten into some bad habits, which got me thinking about habits in general. I understand that a habits/random facts meme has already been going around. In the hopes that it hasn't hit too many of us yet, be as lighthearted or as serious as you'd like with the following:
1. Have you ever successfully quit a bad habit, or gotten a good habit established? Tell us about how you did it. When I was a little girl, I sucked my thumb for a very long time. Who knows if I was insecure or why, but I did. My parents tried all the favored treatments, you know, pepper, some kind of liquid, shame, pulling the thumb out of my mouth, etc. Those did not work. To tell you the truth, I don't know how I stopped, I just remember I stopped. And that I didn't need it anymore or want it. It was very freeing. Now if I could just get that to work for some of my other bad habits.....
2. "If only there were a 12-step program for _________________!" I don't know, because it seems like there is a 12-step program for just about every addiction there is. Maybe buying too many books.
3. Share one of your healthy "obsessions" with us. Buying books.
4. Share the habit of a spouse, friend or loved one that drives you C-R-A-Z-Y.
Bob, not throwing away his popcicle sticks or ice cream wrappers or candy wrappers; that I find the next day, and have to throw away before the kids find them.
5. "I'd love to get into the habit of ___________________."
Walking, daily prayer, bible reading, meditation....
Bonus: What is one small action you might take immediately to make #5 a reality?
Go for a walk today...
clear aside an area that is a sanctuary for prayer, meditation and bible reading.
Bonus 2: Try it, and let us know how it goes in a future post! Okay