Saturday, May 05, 2007

Friday Five on Saturday: It's My Party

revgalblogpals Friday Five by Songbird:
I hate to say it, but over the years I've been to too many parties where I, or the birthday child, has felt much like the chorus of Lesley Gore's old tune. I am therefore not the biggest fan of birthday parties.

For this Friday (which happens to be my birthday), tell us these five things about parties, birthday or otherwise.

1) Would you rather be the host or the guest?
Guest, I really am not the one to put parties together.

2) When you are hosting, do you clean everything up the minute the guests go home? Will you accept help with the dishes?

If hosting, I accept all the help given me. But I do try to clean up once the party is done.

3) If you had the wherewithal, and I guess I mean more than money, to throw a great theme party, what would the theme be?
Okay this is the first thing that came to my mind. It would an "Out Of Africa" theme. We would go on an a Safari in Africa. But then my guilty side would take over, and say then we had to perform some kind of mission work as part of the party, and people would be ask to donate their money to some kind of project like Heifer International, Nothing but Nets. But really we would have a good time.

4) What's the worst time you ever had at a party?
I can't think of one, I usually find a way to have a good time, people to enjoy or good conversation.

5) And to end on a brighter note, what was the best?
The best time was my 40th birthday party that my husband gave me. He really surprised me. He got my parents to come all the way up from Fla in secret to celebrate it. He invited my friends and I never knew. It was a great evening.

This is a good one, because yesterday, our church women hosted Church Women United for the May Friendship day, I am in the midst of planning Zach's first birthday party, (Shh its a secret!), Kara's Birthday party, and a Open House Cookout for the church.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Abi, your schedule always makes mine sound wimpy! Hope all the parties and events go well!!

Terri said...

Thanks Abi for sharing. I like the new look of your blog. Mine is not working so well....I keep getting "Cannot connect to blogger" whenever I try to post...sigh...

Iris Godfrey said...

Oh so love your new "blog-look." It is so much easier to read.
I have a lot of parties -- but most of them are in my heart and head. I would much rather be a guest -- don't really have time to think through details. Much other stuff to occupy me. So I like to go and enjoy the people...
Blessings.