Friday Five: Birthday, Redux from reverend
Yours truly had a birthday this week, and while we've done the birthday thing before, I'm going to do my best to come up with new questions...
1. "It's my party and I'll [blank] if I want to..."Favorite way to celebrate your birthday (dinner with family? Party with friends? A day in solitude?)
2. "You say it's your birthday... It's my birthday too, yeah..." Do you share your birthday with someone famous? (Click here to find out!)
3. "Lordy Lordy look who's forty..."Milestone birthdays: a) just like any other birthday--they're just numbers, people.b) a good opportunity to look back/take stockc) enjoy the black balloons--I'll be hiding under a pile of coats until the day is overd) some combination of the above, or something else entirely.
4. "Happy birthday, dear... Customer..."Have you ever been sung to in a restaurant? Fun or cringe-worthy?
5. "Take my birthday--please"Tell me one advantage and one disadvantage about your particular birthday (e.g. birthday in the summer--never had to go to school; birthday near Christmas--the dreaded joint presents)
EDITED TO ADD: This could also simply be something you like/dislike about your birthday (e.g. I like sharing a birthday with my best friend, etc.).
First, Happy Birthday to reverendmother.
Now on to the questions er answers.
1. Dinner date with hubby, Although it has become fun to celebrate with my children too.
2. Nope, nobody famous.
3. So far I have had big parties on my milestone birthdays. But I now think it is time to quit, I am not growing older. I refuse to grow older.
4. Yes, but we are not discussing it.
5. Advantage, it is not near a holiday, except election time. Disadvantage, I don't know is there one?
Bonus?Is there a bonus? My family didn't make a big deal of my birthday when I was growing up. The only one I remember being celebrated was my 16th birthday. But then I also remember being sick throwing up all night long on the same birthday. We had gone out to eat at a seafood restaurant, and it made me sick. Turned out I am allergic to crabs, can't eat em or spend the night hugging the porcelain god. And no I did not get a car that night, my parents could not afford giving me one, and wouldn't have done it if they could.