Friday, October 13, 2006
Friday Five: Creature Comforts
Maybe it's the arrival of crisp October, my favorite month. Or maybe it's the fact that the divine little miss m has been sick all week (and if the baby ain't happy, ain't nobody happy). Whatever the reason, my thoughts have been turning to cozy creature comforts--those activities and spaces that just make a person feel good. And so...
Hope the Divine miss m gets to feeling better, gets happy, and that you get happy too.
1. Comfort beverage anything hot or warm that tastes good. And if I don't have anything hot, wine will do.
2. Comfort chair The chair I am sitting in right now; lounge chair with table right next to me, with favorite reading material, and the remote control that I control!
3. Comfort read A good novel that I can get lost in, enjoy, laugh with, and not have to work hard at while reading.
4. Comfort television/DVD/music Silence or good classical music or meditative music.
5. Comfort companion(s) My kitties, and my doggies. Throw them out, send the kids to the baby sitter, and it becomes time with my hubby. At which point all the above answers change......
And if that doesn't work I choose #6 sinking into a nice bath.