Phantasmagorical Phriday Phive (last year's Firday Five from revgalblogpals)
A mixture of the deep and the shallow today, in honor of All Hallows Eve and All Saints Day---
1) Favorite Halloween Candy Chocolate, anything chocolate, but epecially m-m's.
2) Least Favorite Halloween Candy candy corn
3) Best Costume Ever I was a scarecrow, won the prize that year.
4) Worst Costume Ever Anything other than the above.
5) A Saint you treasure (please feel free to use the definition of "Saint" that is meaningful to you and to your faith tradition and life experience) A Saint, what's that? Baptists didn't have Saints. Methodists celebrate All Saints Sunday, but I am not sure they have Saints either. Has John Wesley or Asbury been declared Saints? I don't think so. St. Clare of Assisi. St. Clare had a way of expressing the transforming power of contemplative prayer:
"Place your mindbefore the mirror of eternity!
Place your soul in the brilliance of glory!
and transform your entire being
into the image of the Godhead Itself
Poems by Clare of Assisi