Saturday, April 20, 2013

Interfaith Solidarity Service for Boston

Last night, we attended the Interfaith Solidarity Prayer service in Big Spring Park to show support for the victims of the Boston Marathon.  It was done very well. Here are some pictures of my children at the service.  I have had a hard time wrapping my mind around this.  I was moved by Suzanne Taylor's story, who had crossed the finish line five minutes before the bomb exploded at the marathon. My friend Rabbi Beth Bahar closed the event with a very moving prayer. She reminded those who gathered that taking a sense of peace, hope and courage into the community becomes one way that each person can push against the forces of violence and hatred.

Kara is in the individual photo.

Kate and Kara fed the ducks while we waited for things to begin.

No comments: