Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Lights Out

Yesterday, in the middle of the day, the power went out in the church. I worked for as long as I could with the Laptop on battery. Finally, I went home when it became clear the power wasn't going to come back on for some time. We don't know what happened or why the power went out. We have emergency lights but not a backup generator.



I came back last night to teach a class, and the lights were back on, but the building was cold. That told me it had not been on long.



It got me to thinking about my own life, and when the power in my life goes out. Do I have a backup generator for my life? Am I connected with the source of energy for all life, Creator God?
Am I using up all my energy on all kinds of things except for those places I need to be spending my energy? Do I even have emergency lights in my life? How can I do a better job using my energy more efficiently? How can I make sure I am connected to the source of energy?

No comments: