Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Stung by a wasp

Sunday afternoon, I and two of the kids were sweeping the front porch, steps and walkway of the grass from the recent mowing. I guess Bob wanted to be out there with us, because he was messing around with the front porch. The next thing I knew he had stirred up a wasp's nest and one of them was at my ear. He stung me good before he took off. Well, after yelling and scaring the kids, I then began to cry. My ear then begin to swell as well. We got some ice for it. The kids had run away from the front porch which was good. But now they are afraid to go up the front steps and porch. I wasn't able to sleep on that side that night either.

But besides that, I had a dead battery in my car when I went out to go to church Sunday morning. Yes, it was my first Sunday and I was to preach. Bob tried to jump start it but it wouldn't do it. He took me to church then. I did preach without further hitch and it went well. Bob replaced the battery on Sunday afternoon and it worked well. But the next morning it was dead again. He couldn't jump start it so he called for a wrecker and took me to work. You know what was wrong? Some how or another someone had turn the interior light on. I'm blaming Bob or the kids or me or that "somebody did it but not me" person.

But like I said, the Sunday morning worship went well. I have now been initiated. They had a reception welcoming us afterwards and many stayed to welcome us. It was rather overwhelming but nice.

5 comments:

Iris Godfrey said...

I am delighted that your first Sunday went well - in spite of - the various problems. The wasp sting would be the worst for me -- allergic. Glad you are not. Thanks for sharing this move with us.
Blessings.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

YAY for the good first Sunday. Boo for the wasp sting on the ear. I got one there, and I think I was maybe 17, and I still recall it....owwww!

Rev SS said...

I too am happy to hear you had a good first Sunday and warm welcome. The wasp sting sounds very painful ... and the dead battery another kind of pain

Mary Beth said...

sorry bout the wasp...glad the church went well!

Deb said...

Isn't that just the way - pressures of "firsts" and all kinds of others things get in the mix...

I need to leave at least a blog stone when I pop in. I have been. Just not commenting (bad me!)

hugs and prayers for you and everyone in this time of transition and NEW stuff...

peace
Deb