Thursday, February 21, 2008

Today: Flowers


Today, I got flowers. They came from 1800Flowers.com. Never have gotten flowers from them before. Mom sent them to me cause I was sick. What a nice surprice. Well it came at a good time, our sweet black kitty, Midnight got ran over this morning. That's the third cat we have lost on this road. The kids saw her dead in the road and were really upset, but they wanted to bury her. Bob saved her until they got back this afternoon. I kept expecting her to wake up. Dadgumit, three of them. I told Bob the next time somebody says something about Tygger being fat, I am going to tell them she's fat so she won't get over the fence and get run over. The kids and Bob had a sweet burial for her this afternoon. They came back and told me about it and told me they had said prayers for her. And of course they wanted a new kitty. We had to tell them no more new kitties for now. Well lo and behold there was another box of flowers on the front poarch. i thought it was a mistake, but it turns out that mom, my sister and my niece sent them. It sure made the kids feel better. They are really pretty and smell good too.

Hey mom, Denise, and Hannah thank you so much for the pretty flowers! What perfect timing. Now if I can just get over this flu stuff.

9 comments:

Theresa Coleman said...

Oh no!
Poor kitty!
::sadness::

And flowers are wonderful. Especially when you don't expect them.

Psalmist said...

So sorry that you've been sick, Abi. I hope you get better very soon.

And that's awful about your kitties. Poor cats, and poor children (and mom and dad)!

My two never go outside (rules of the lease, and also my agreement with the agency I got them from), and I tell them regularly how blessed they are because of it. I see a run-over cat once a week or so here. My heart breaks every time.

(((((Abi & family))))

Jules said...

Oh, I'm sorry about your kitty.

Feel better...

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty, Abi.

Rev SS said...

sad for your family and loss of kitties (like Psalmist, I keep mine indoors, 'cause I'm a big wus when a beloved child dies of old age ... would take way to long to get over losing young un to coyote or car, or other wild animal of the city)

Get well soon!

Sally said...

Sorry you've been sick, and sorry about the poor kitty, our poor cat was run over last year, it is so upsetting.
Enjoy those flowers, hope you are better soon!

Carmen Andres said...

i still remember the day a few years ago when our cat of 13 years died. i didn't expect to be so affected, but it haunted me with sadness for quite a while. blessings to you and yours.

Mary Beth said...

So sorry about the kitty. Glad the flowers came as a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your kitty! We lost one that way and it took awhile for the mommy and kids to get over that - even the daddy, who loudly disliked kitties missed her. Hope your flu is better. I missed your blogs and had stopped checking for them for a while.
Hurray for families that send flowers! Especially unexpectedly!!