Saturday, April 21, 2007

Forced fast from the Internet

Hi all, I am sitting in our hotel room in Chattanooga, where finally I have internet access. We stopped here to cut our trip back home from the mountains in half. I took my computer with us to the mountains, thinking I remembered there was internet access at the place we stayed. But no there wasn't. And there were no cyber cafes near by. And you just don't run off to find a place to post on your blog in the middle of a Blizzard with category 3 hurricane winds. And you don't leave the kids while you do this. I guess I could have, but I didn't. So from Saturday until today, I have been off the internet, and I did not open the computer the whole time, until now. I have missed you all and blogging and all. It has been a strange quiet time, but I think I needed it. I'll blog more about the vacation and the internet-less experience later. But it is good to have been on vacation, and now to start back. I didn't preach last Sunday, and I don't preach tomorrow. I start back next week though.

6 comments:

TN Rambler said...

Chattanooga and you didn't even let me know that you are here. tsk, tsk.

Unknown said...

We made the decision at the last minute. Sorry. I forgot you were here. you can email me and I'll call you.

Mary Beth said...

Have missed you. Hope all is well.

Theresa Coleman said...

Missed you. As you may know. Just ignore the msg on the answering machine....

TN Rambler said...

revabi,
glad to hear that the trip went well and you had a good time in your short stopover in Chattanooga. We probably wouldn't have been able to work out a get together as we were involved with other committments. But, any methoblogger planning to pass through our fair city has an open invitation to drop me a line and maybe we can visit for a moment or two.

Brother Marty said...

Abi,
I wonder what it would be like to have a forced fast from the Internet. I think I'd go through some kind of withdrawals! Glad to see from your posts that you survived. I may have to go to some center somewhere if it were to happen to me. Then again...maybe it would be a welcomed freedom.
Glad to have you back.