Friday, February 02, 2007

Friday 5: Changes

Friday Five: Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes from the reverendmother:

Many of the RevGals using Blogger are experiencing some chaos this week as they move from Old Blogger to New Blogger. (Is that anything like New Coke?)

Change is a given in life, yet it's not easy for any of us. So strap on your seat belts and let's talk about it:
1. Share, if you wish, the biggest change you experienced this past year.
Moving to Florence from Wadley.

2. Talk about a time you changed your mind about something, important or not.
I was interviewing for the DMin program of SBTS extension in Col., GA. I had an anxiety attack that morning. I decided it was in my best interest not to do the DMIN there. It was about the same time all the changes were going on there to a more Fundamental stance.
3. Bishop John Shelby Spong wrote a controversial book called "Why Christianity Must Change or Die." Setting aside his ideas--what kind of changes would you like to see in the Church?
Whose idea was it to ask this question. I haven't even read Spong's book yet. I'll have to think about this. But one of the things I have written is to change some of the hierarchy, some of the structure, some of the boards, some of the meetings. I would like to see more openness and equality. I would like to see healthier leaders and churches.
4. Have you changed your hairstyle/hair color in the last five years? If so, how many times?
Changed my hairstyle in the last five years? Are you kidding? My hairdresser that knew how to work with my hair moved away and its taken me several years to find another one who can do my hair right. Color, I have not changed, but it has been changing itself.
5. What WERE they thinking with that New Coke thing?Let us know in the comments if you play. Money, and more money, and they thought we would really just like it and take it. Boy were they dumb, it took them a long time to regain their market share. They really thought this new generation would accept it. Wrong wrong wrong.

Bonus; Songs or movie about change:
A Change Is Gonna Come, Change The World, Change Your Mind, Don't Ever Change, The Change, Changes, The Times They are A Changing, A Change of Heart, Evil Ways, A Change (Would Do You Good), Free Bird, Nothing Going to Change My Love for You.


No comments: