Friday, January 05, 2007

General Conference Blogging

One of the things we decided as Methoblog administration was that Tuesdays would be blogging about General Conference in preparation for it in 2008. There is also a countdown for it so you can know how many more days before it happens. Right now there are 473 days left. The conference will be in Fort Worth, Texas and called "A Future with Hope".

I have never been elected Delegate. I have never been to one. So I really don't know what all has happened in the past, what goes on, what one goes through as a delegate. So first thing I want to say is, I am praying for those we elect as delegates to this conference. I have watched how in our conference that it is a very political thing to get elected. In fact there has been a study done on how we elect delegates, and how we can improve the process. There is a team working on the matter. We will know more at the meeting of conference at which we will also elect our delegates. So I am praying for those being elected as delegates. Praying for wisdom and discernment in electing these people. In fact I see we have on our website nomination forms for clergy and laity delegates, that's new. What is your conference doing?

No comments: