Wednesday, April 02, 2008

News Announcement

I am kind of surprised, but the North Alabama Conference Website already has the list of clergy appointments. I mean you usually don't see these until after or right before the June conference. So since it is out, you now know. I am moving to Trinity in HSV to be the Associate.

Tonight, we met to pray for the church, for the Pastor to come and for our moving. We plan to meet now every Wednesday night right before the bible study for prayer. The members felt led to do this, so they began it.

11 comments:

Beth Quick said...

Congrats on your new appointment, and blessings during your time of transition...

DogBlogger said...

What Beth said. Prayers for all of you...

(((RevAbi)))

TN Rambler said...

blessings and prayers in this time of joy and sadness.

gavin richardson said...

hope is becomes a blessed time of transition revabi. &:~D

Unknown said...

Abi, may this move be a blessing to your whole family!

Cathy said...

Yes, congratulations on your new appointment and beginning a new chapter with a new group of people === prayers for you and your family and the congregation as they prepare for a new pastor as well as those who will soon greet you.

Terri said...

I hope you find it grace-filled to move from being the minister in charge to being the associate...

having just moved myself from small church to big church, after a two year search, I can say - it's tough...but good. may the same be so for you!

Anonymous said...

Cathy summed up my thoughts well. Prayers for you, your family, and both your new and soon-to-be old congregations. May it be a smooth transition that helps everyone concerned draw closer to the walk with Jesus.

Jules said...

Blessings on this new ministry!

Rev SS said...

Congratalations!

I am so blessed by my move from Solo of small church with all the administrative, political stuff, to Association of a Large church, with Sr. to handle the "stuff" while I get to be a pastor. Pray that will be true for you too!

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I'm surprised--seems like you just changed the name of your blog about a month ago. :-) Blessings on the new venture!