Wednesday, April 02, 2008

An Easter Walk


I thought this was a good cartoon for Easter 3A.
Aren't we like those disciples walking on the road to Emmaus, Jesus is walking with us and we don't even recognize him. We may be so deep into our own thoughts, or feelings or into ourselves that we miss who is with us? I am probably talking about myself here. I know I miss Jesus when I get so lost in my own thoughts or feelings or self. But we can also find him in our feelings, thoughts, and self as well. However, Jesus was incarnational, and our ministries are to be incarnational. Jesus is often seen in other human beings, in the flesh, real, someone who you can touch, breath, eat with and talk with. May we not miss Jesus today ...... The Back Pew Cartoon
If you want to read some more of my thoughts on this passage; go to my sermon blog, Preaching to the Choir. I'll be blogging there all week about this passage.

No comments: