Friday Five: Dream a Little Dream
"In the Last Days," God says,"I will pour out my Spirit on every kind of people:Your sons will prophesy,also your daughters;Your young men will see visions, your old men dream dreams.When the time comes, I'll pour out my SpiritOn those who serve me, men and women both,and they'll prophesy."(Acts 2:17-18, The Message)
On this final Friday of 2006, it seems appropriate to speak of dreams.
A very important dream about a lighthouse played a role in my journey towards ordained ministry, and mine last night were vivid and included a flying church.
Please feel as untethered yourself in responding to this Friday Five.
Tell us all about:
1) a dream you remember from childhood I die and am buried young
2) a recurring or significant dream I am on a school bus winding around curves going all kind of places fast bumping up and down. Who is that wild driver? Why am I on this school bus.
3) a nightmare Someone is coming into the room reaching for me they are going to kill me. This has many variations.
4) a favorite daydream I am swimming, laying on a beach, soaring, being with my husband.
5) a dream for the New Year Just a dream?I have a dream for my children that they continue to grow in Jesus love and mercy. I dream of more one on one time with Bob. I dream of health for my church I am serving. I dream of a world where prejudice is no more, no more need for terrorism and wars, where starvation ends, homelessness is not a problem, abuse is stopped, oppression is gone, leadership by the best person, and good stewarship of the world. Just a dream mind you.
You know I don't know if I like these questions, and they are hard for me to answer.
So here is my bonus question: favorite song about dreaming, of course; "California Dreaming"
How about a movie about Dreams: Groundhog Day