Sally from rgblps give us the Friday Five;
Part of the Ascension Day Scripture from Acts 11 contains this promise from Jesus;"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”Then he was taken from their sight into the clouds, two angels appeared and instructed the probably bewildered disciples to go back to Jerusalem, where they began to wait and to pray for the gift Jesus had promised.Prayer is a joy to some of us, and a chore to others, waiting likewise can be filled with anticipation or anxiety....So how do you wait and pray? Seems like this is the theme of my life. How many times in the scriptures do we read this....
1. How do you pray best, alone or with others?
Depends on the situation, and need. I listen better on my own, I can be still and quiet better on my own.
2. Do you enjoy the discipline of waiting, is it a time of anticipation or anxiety? Are you kidding. I do not wait well. I think whether it is a time of anticipation or anxiety really depends on the situation, circumstances and how I am doing. I think the spiritual discipline of waiting can lead to it being more of a time of anticipation rather than being totally filled with angst. I think that is what I am trying to practice now the spiritual dsicipline. Thanks for the awareness that that is what this is, I had no idea. That helps.
3. Is there a time when you have waited upon God for a specific promise? Oh Yeah.
4. Do you prefer stillness or action? Both, I need the stillness to calm and center me. I need the action to put the energy to work and use somehow.
5. If ( and this is slightly tongue in cheek) you were promised one gift spiritual or otherwise what would you choose to recieve? Well I am glad you said it was tongue in cheek, because of the old saying be careful what you ask for, or the thing about asking for patience and getting instead the trials to develop it. So thanks but no thanks.
Bonus: It must be a requirement that if you are a songwriter or a band you must have one song about waiting. Movies like the theme waiting too. Harder to do with tv shows.
But here is a song on waiting by FFH called In the waiting