Sally at revgalblogpals sets the pace for this Friday Five: "I have spent the week at Summer School studying the Gospel and Western culture, we have looked at art, literature, music, film and popular culture in their myriad expressions. With that in mind I bring you the cultural Friday 5."
1. Book I'm thinking, I'm reading
2. Piece of music good music, it doesn't matter if its country, rock and roll or classical as long as it is well done.
3. Work of art I love art, I am moved by art, I am using art now as a way to pray.
4. Film I am a visual person, and I like films.
5. Unusual engagement with popular culture: Dance, tattoos, body art and cine'poems
That have helped/ challenged you on your spiritual journey.
Bonus: Is engagement essential to your Christian faith, how and why? Engagement? I have to be engaged? I have to engage myself? I have to allow myself to be engaged? Be in the world but not of the world? Get out of my Christian bubble?
I am having trouble writing this, as I am trying to multitask at the same time. Sorry I wasn't more specific.