Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's day '09


We are furiously cleaning the house in anticipation of visitors today.

Our son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren, boys are coming today.

They were suppose to come in December but were delayed. So we are very excited.

We get to have Christmas, Happy New Year and Valentine's Day all in one visit.

Fortunately I am not preaching Sunday, however I am teaching a class.

I am so fortunate to have 4 human valetine's and 4 furbaby valentine's that I live with.

I am also blessed with lots of other people in my life that I love and am loved by.

I got a sweet valentine call from my mom today. And good news, my nephew, Michael is home from serving in Iraq as a Marine. Yea. What a great Valentine gift.


For this day, here is a Valentine gift to you of a thought, scripture, prayer and blessing. Hope it is a day full of love for you.

Love is much more than a sentimental feeling.
It is putting someone else's welfare ahead of your own.


Scripture for the day
1 John 3:16 (Contemporary English Version) 16We know what love is because Jesus gave his life for us. That's why we must give our lives for each other.


Prayer for the day
Lord, Let my heart be the vessel of God's Love.
Let my thoughts be the blossom of God's Love.
Let my words be the expression of God's Love.
Let my actions be the fulfillment of God's Love. Amen David Ridge


Blessing for the day
May you be blessed with
warmth in your home,
love in your heart,
peace in your soul
and joy in your life.


Happy Valentine's day

No comments: