Well, with all the hospital visits and surgeries yesterday, I didn't get to do the Friday Five on Friday. So here I am playing on Saturday, since I don't have to be prepared for Sunday preaching. I do have a wedding later in the day to officiate at, but that won't be hard.
So without further adieu, here is the revgalblogpals Friday Five brought to you by Songbird;
In a minor domestic crisis, my food processor, or more precisely the part you use for almost everything for which I use a food processor, picked the eve of the festive season of the year to give up the ghost. A crack in the lid expanded such that a batch of squash soup had to be liberated via that column shaped thing that sticks up on top.Can you tell this is not my area of strength?Next week, I'm hosting Thanksgiving. I need your help.
Please answer the following kitchen-related questions:
1) Do you have a food processor? Can you recommend it? Which is to say, do you actually use it? Had it, no longer have it. Don't know if I lost it in the move or not. Used it infrquently.
2) And if so, do you use the fancy things on it? (Mine came with a mini-blender (used a lot and long ago broken) and these scary disks you used to julienne things (used once).) You know, I think I used it for chopping nuts, and some other stuff; but it was so long ago, I don't remember
3) Do you use a standing mixer? Or one of the hand-held varieties?(And isn't that color delightfully retro?) Yes, I have one of the hand-held ones in that delightful I am not sure what retro color it is, sort of a mustard color. But it works.
4) How about a blender? Do you have one? Use it much? Oh yes, you have got to have one of them.
5) Finally, what old-fashioned, non-electric kitchen tool do you enjoy using the most? Enjoy, does that go with cooking?
Bonus: Is there a kitchen appliance or utensil you ONLY use at Thanksgiving or some other holiday? If so, what is it? You have to use an appliance or utensil at Thanksgiving or holiday? You can't go out to eat or order the meal for take out? What kind of craziness is this? I don't cook these days. Bake on occasion yes, but not cook. I did buy a cookbook recently to teach the kids how to cook and we have been cooking out of it some.