Friday, March 14, 2008
Friday Five: Time for Palms
Peace on Earth by U2- Palm Sunday
I am playing the Friday Five from revgalblogpals. I already did this once but Blogger eliminated the whole post. Don't know what happened.
I am back for the midweek Walk to Emmaus and need a little fun, play time. So here goes.
Mother Laura brings us the Friday five: Can you believe Daylight Savings Time is here already? It's hard to get used to the new, earlier onset. My family has been getting up and out a little late and a little sleepy in the mornings.
And can you believe that in two days it will be Palm Sunday for Western Christians? Our Lent is almost over, while our Orthodox sisters and brothers, whose liturgical year follows the older Julian calendar, are just starting theirs. Nicholas did a recent book report on George Washington, and we were surprised to find out that our first President's birthday was originally Feb. 11, since he was born just before the change to the Gregorian calendar. Apparently the change almost caused rioting, as some indignant people were sure that they were being cheated out of eleven days of their lives!
To help you adjust--and enjoy the process--here's a Friday Five about time and transitions....
1. If you could travel to any historical time period, which would it be, and why?
Don't know that I really want to go back, why would I, women were treated less than humane.
2. What futuristic/science fiction development would you most like to see?
I would like to see what they come up with to develop our natural resources.
3. Which do you enjoy more: remembering the past, or dreaming for the future?
Living in the moment.
4. What do you find most memorable about this year's Lent? I would have to say it was the Walk to Emmaus.
5. How will you spend your time during this upcoming Holy Week? What part do you look forward to most?
It will be a busy week with my children's activities and church activities.
Bonus: What will you do when the week is over? Get some rest.