Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Alabama Outdoors

Ya'll, I am sitting outside on my porch meditating. It is a beautiful day with a nice cool breeze. The flowers are beautiful My backdoor neighbor must be a master gardner.

Last night we had fun playing soccer with the kids outside and cleaning up the back yard so they could play.

Sunday is called the Good Shepherd Sunday. I am meditating on the Psalm for Sunday which is Psalm 23. Today I am meditating on Psalm 23 as I sit outdoors on myporch. I don't really know about sheep, sheepherding or Shepherds, but that doesn't seem to be the point does it. I do know the Shepherd and I want to know him more, and that seems to be the point.

There are a lot of different versions that have been written of Psalm 23 from the Sailor’s Prayer to the Indian’s version to the newest version. Psalm 23 is often described as the most popular Psalm, and most well known. If it is read at funerals, people can recite it with the reader. And even though we no longer in an agrarian society we are still touched by the opening words, The Lord is my shepherd.

If you want to know more, go read my thoughts on my Preaching blog.

No comments: