Sally at revgalblogpals is in charge of today's Friday Five:I've just returned from a meeting in Cambridge so I'm posting this late here in the UK (it is 3:45pm).. because I took the opportunity of a free afternoon in Cambridge's wonderful book shops... I only bought a few- and they were on sale- very restrained for me!!! (Can't believe you were restrained, and I am so jealous that you were at Cambridge book shops!)
So with my head full of books I've seen and a long wish list in my mind, I bring you a Friday Five on books!!!
1. Fiction what kind, detective novels, historical stuff, thrillers, romance???? I tend to be ecletic in my reading, but once I find a good writer or a series, then that's the books I read. Right now I am reading the No. 1 Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith.
2. When you get a really good book do you read it all in one chunk or savour it slowly? Shut the door, get quite, and stay up all night. Read until its done. And then maybe read the good parts again.
3. Is there a book you keep returning to and why? Mmm unless its one of the kid's books, I don't know....Chronicles of Narnia. Why, I can escape to Narnia and be with the lion, and have all those wonderful adventures.
4. Apart from the Bible which non-fiction book has influenced you the most? Any thing by C. S. Lewis, or Barbara Brown Taylor.
5. Describe a perfect place to read. ( could be anywhere!!!) (The Beach with a little breeze, not that noisey, something to drink, and the waves coming in. Perferably the Gulf Coast on the Panhandle.)
Bonus question #1. How many books are on your Amazon Wish List? Too many to count.
#2. Bad habit you have while reading books? With some books, I tend to not be patient and go to the back of the book to read the ending, and then I'll read from where I where I left off. ( I have really tried to break this bad habit.)